Disability Speech Pathologist
Location: Mackay, Queensland
We are seeking a passionate, energetic and caring professional with a “can do” attitude, who truly want to make a difference in the lives of people with a disability.
How we get the job done:
In Mackay we are fortunate to assist a diverse range of NDIS participants in our Supported Independent Living, Community Access, Programs and Respite Accommodation services. Our clients have a range of disabilities and challenging behaviours. We are seeking professionals who are resilient and have a sound understanding of the importance of supporting people in line with our commitment to the NDIS practice standards.
The allied health team provides quality support to people with a disability to improve the outcomes of its service users through implementation of appropriate supports, including therapy-based interventions and living adjustments
How you will interact with people and other benefits:
Being part of Engedi means you are making a difference in people's lives. Our team is made up of people who care and who are committed to enriching the lives of our service users
Other benefits include:
- Competitive hourly rate (starting at $51.83/hour for experienced practitioners) with opportunities for bonuses
- A professional development allowance
- Supportive and empowering management team
- Salary Sacrificing
- Relocation benefits for the right staff
- Payment of fees for insurance and professional membership
Who we are and why we do it:
We are people who care. Engedi provides support to people with a disability, their families and communities. Our clients receive services designed to meet their everyday needs and support them to achieve their goals. Our workforce is committed to providing service that is caring, reliable, responsive, flexible, friendly and empathetic. We believe that everyone should have equal opportunities. We advocate for everyone to have a voice. We do this by providing our clients access to quality services and dedicated professionals who can make a real difference in client lives.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing a diverse client list which will include children and adults with a range of needs and supports
- Working collaboratively with the Therapy Services team to provide a range of Speech Pathology services, set goals and develop comprehensive therapy plans
- Conducting assessments and interventions, including dysphagia and AAC services, across both clinic-based appointments and home visits
- Ensuring that all support is provided within the NDIS framework and funding budgets
- Providing comprehensive assessments both in home and at other places
- Reporting to stakeholders
- Providing training to relevant stakeholders in implementing strategies
- Supporting our clients to engage with their local communities and culture
- Nurturing dignity, autonomy and positive self-esteem
Join Us - Next steps:
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be actively shortlisting during the advertising period and reserve the right to close this advert prior to the advertised date.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We welcome, actively support and promote the employment of people from diverse groups, including: Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people; people with a disability; people of diverse genders, sexes and sexualities (DGSS); culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) people; older people; and other diverse groups.
As part of our process selected applicants will be required to undergo employment screening and probity checks prior to commencing.